Toyota Corolla Altis Club Malaysia - MyAltis.com
April 21, 2014, 10:48:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gear Shift Cover Problem  (Read 7781 times)
ckh180

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »

anyone of you know how to open up this chrome cover ?

w2yne
Car: 9th Gen

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »

U mean the " cover slide" broken?
so difficult to shift gear?

where can buy tis cover???
sin.sin73

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 09:41:59 PM »

anyone of you know how to open up this chrome cover ?

should be release the 4 claws beside, please take extra care during dismantle. I have the booklet but not showing this gate type, but i think the basic is there for reference. Good luck..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:47:28 PM by sin.sin73 » Logged
Ah Loh

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 09:13:40 AM »

Corolla gear box aeemsbly part list

Even Lecxus also using same cover slide
http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/components/2003-lexus-ls430~shift-lever-retainer-33-12-4073.html

Go ask SC for cover slide, shld not be so expensive, just a sheet
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:17:52 AM by Ah Loh » Logged

apocalypse

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 12:04:53 AM »

Hey guys, just had my car checked by Toyota and was told that my car had the same gear shift problem.

there's 2 separate cover, one which is a thin plastic cover which you can see from the chrome plate & this cost less than RM50 from Toyota SC.

The inner cover is a 2cm (or so) plastic cover and if this piece cracks and give way, be prepared to spend RM3.5k to replace it. Heck, if the car is over 10 years old, just remove this piece and continue driving it then.

My humble thoughts.
trxx7989

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »

U mean the " cover slide" broken?
so difficult to shift gear?

where can buy tis cover???

You can get those from any Authorize Toyota spare part shop. Just cost RM40/pcs..
karthigan

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 02:32:48 PM »

hei bro i tink they overcharged me i recently change tht,they charge me rm80 including labour fee,but seriously i dont have the feel as the original very much difff....can i find the original cover can i got it at half cut!!!!
my dad he forget to press brake while changing the gear from parking to drive mode i duno how he change but he almost done great job have change the gear to drive mode without pres brake and managed to broke the upper layer cover...
csloh

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »

Hi bros,
I am from ipoh.  I have the same problem like you all.  I bought the slide cover from Hup Foong (Buntong) spare part shop.  Cost RM37, any ipoh brothers can recommend who can replace it?

thanks
csloh

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

Hi bros,
I am from ipoh.  I have the same problem like you all.  I bought the slide cover from Hup Foong (Buntong) spare part shop.  Cost RM37, any ipoh brothers can recommend who can replace it?

thanks
I changed my gear slide cover at accessory shop, cost me only rm10.  The plated gear cover is snap fit part, you have to dismentle the centre console box (left arm rest SET) then the plated gear cover is easier to be removed.  After opened the gear plate cover, i saw a lot of broken black plastic peice underneath... just to share.
Thanks bro Ah Loh for the slide cover photo and info...
In the ealier post by bros here, i think the SC really suck blood fellow...3.5k++ what a joke.
Ah Loh

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »

Happy to see u solve problem
Enjoy driving altis...
 Grin

csloh

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »

hi bros,
even though i managed to change the slide cover, but now i have anpther problem, my car key cannot pull out after i off the engine.  I think could be the level 2 plastic broken as claimed by cro here earlier.  Any brother got similiar problem before and how did you solve it? need help....   Cry
sin.sin73

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »

csloh
The key switch with interlock with gear shift . You do at the shop which no experiance or knowledge is very dangerous? The technician much know your car system well them allow him to do,otherwise will create more problem to u
csloh

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »

bro sin sin, thanks for your advise.  I have got my problem solved. The key cant pull out was due to the old slide cover plastic (round shape one) left out in the gear rod, after i removed it, my key now can pull out already.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
w2yne

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 08:52:06 PM »

hi bros,
even though i managed to change the slide cover, but now i have anpther problem, my car key cannot pull out after i off the engine.  I think could be the level 2 plastic broken as claimed by cro here earlier.  Any brother got similiar problem before and how did you solve it? need help....   Cry

hi bro csloh,

i am from ipoh also.... what you say wif them to buy the gear shift cover.... and where u replaced?? coz my wan aso broken already...
Thanks... ur key cant pull out, but my wan is after u start the engine, my key aso can pull out.....
sin.sin73

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 04:13:15 PM »

My ride the inner cover is a 2cm think secondary cover cracks, there are no sold sperately unless change the whole gear shift. It was creat a "klat" sound during gear shifting from R to N, i have to think to solve this problem, i using the dunlop glue to paste the secondary slide plastic, don't let the platic peel off ane move. The problem solved.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: