Toyota Corolla Altis Club Malaysia - MyAltis.com
December 23, 2014, 03:51:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comparison between 10th gen Altis and Nissan Sylphy  (Read 32514 times)
dlock
Car: 10th Gen

« on: August 25, 2008, 11:20:38 AM »

Hi all,

Anyone have any idea with this topic? Kindly share with us. Thanks.
merzed
Car: Others

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »

Dude,

Mana boleh compare sylphy with our altis? Just ask teo or bloodyaltis who were altis rider maut spinning in LDP last time macam Impak Maksima.  Grin

Style - Depend individual, however macam mana I tengok also, altis OWN!
Comfortness - According to my colleague who test drive both, sylphy not even as quiet as latio and still altis more comfortable than sylphy
Fuel Consumption - No matter how sylphy betapa jimat minyak, still altis WON cause different 1.8 and 2.0 ma
Value - Although sylphy is cheaper with 2.0 but 2nd value still lost to altis cause toyota ma
Color - sylphy more option compare to altis which toyota always offer old men color but gurantee ada beige/gold color tapi tarak white color Cry

As conclusion, even you are pro anti altis, why not pump a little bit money go for FD or lancer.  Wink

"Stock is partial best!"
"Semangat Kealtisan Tetap Teguh Tanpa Roboh"

bloodyaltisdriver

CMC-55

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »

merzed, thanks for the compliment, but bro, keep it low man.............sure got police masuk our forum
if i get caught im sure to call u to bail me out man.........hahahahaa

in my opinion,

the altis wins in terms of looks, performance, comfort, design wise

sylphy is more for old uncle who wants a car just from point A to point B

Raymond
Car: 9th Gen

INTIMA

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »

merzed, thanks for the compliment, but bro, keep it low man.............sure got police masuk our forum

in my opinion,

Fully agreed with BAD....

Altis got VSC which Sylphy...tadak......but in terms of space....off course Sylphy win lah.

BUt giving a choice..i rather stick to Altis lah.....unless we want to go for FD lah.......

GET THE FEELINGS..........MOVING FORWARD.....
bloodyaltisdriver

CMC-55

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »

in my opinion,

Fully agreed with BAD....

Altis got VSC which Sylphy...tadak......but in terms of space....off course Sylphy win lah.

BUt giving a choice..i rather stick to Altis lah.....unless we want to go for FD lah.......

bro, vr comparing btw nissan n toyota ere..............why bring in the honda Huh

dlock

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:01 AM »

Dude,

Mana boleh compare sylphy with our altis? Just ask teo or bloodyaltis who were altis rider maut spinning in LDP last time macam Impak Maksima.  Grin

Style - Depend individual, however macam mana I tengok also, altis OWN!
Comfortness - According to my colleague who test drive both, sylphy not even as quiet as latio and still altis more comfortable than sylphy
Fuel Consumption - No matter how sylphy betapa jimat minyak, still altis WON cause different 1.8 and 2.0 ma
Value - Although sylphy is cheaper with 2.0 but 2nd value still lost to altis cause toyota ma
Color - sylphy more option compare to altis which toyota always offer old men color but gurantee ada beige/gold color tapi tarak white color Cry

As conclusion, even you are pro anti altis, why not pump a little bit money go for FD or lancer.  Wink

Who say I am pro anti altis, I'm an Altis Supporter as myself own a Gen10 Altis too. Altis is really great. no matter how competitor supporter's gossip about it but still no one can destroy the image of Altis gen 10, more ppl go for Altis coz at this moment no competitor car at the same price range provide the good car body shade, FC, suspension, reliability, quietness and comfort as Altis gave(personal opinion). they only like to compare with all those secondary factor's which are not too important compare with these primary factor's that I've mentioned. So proud to own an Altis.
tcal

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »

Item                     Sylphy 2.0 Comfort   Altis 1.8G
Price                     RM112,800                RM117,900
Engine capacity        2.0                            1.8
Power                      133 Ps                132 Ps
Torque                    191 Nm               170 Nm
Power to weight ratio  107 Ps per ton               109 Ps per ton
Active safety        ABS, EBD, BA                VSC, TRC, ABS, EBD, BA
Brake                     Front disc, rear drum   Front disc, rear disc
Length                     4,610 mm                4,540 mm
Width                    1,695 mm                1,760 mm
Height                     1,510 mm                1,465 mm
Wheelbase        2,700 mm                 2,600 mm
Weight                    1,240 kg                 1,210 kg
Tank                    52 l                              55 l
Tire                    195/65R15                 205/55R16
Design (subjective)     Newer                 Older

Based on the comparison above, Sylphy is cheaper, has a bigger engine (of course will consume more fuel), more torque to pull the heavier body around town, longer (translate to vast front and rear legroom and this is no joke as I went for lunch in a Sylphy just now), higher (good front and rear headroom but poor cornering dynamics due to higher centre of gravity), and a longer wheelbase which testifies the ‘Comfort’ suffix of the model.

Altis on the other hand has better power to weight ratio by a slight margin (better fuel consumption in a small way), has VSC and TRC to put you back on track should you try to defy the law of physics, all round disc brakes for a shorter stopping distance, a tad wider (do not know if it really helps), lighter, has longer driving range with a 55l fuel tank, and larger donuts which help in the looks department.

Sylphy has a newer design than Altis (even though it is dubbed the 10th generation, I think it is more of a facelift especially the exterior). However, design is a subjective issue if we go by the saying ‘one man’s meat is another man’s poison’. Other than the aforesaid pros and cons, one also has to consider the after sales service as well as the second hand value. See, I am so used to Altis for the past 6 years and that could be the very reason I welcome anything new, provided that it is decent looking.

Before you part with your hard earn money (which is even more true in a country where cars are damn expensive), just ask yourself what you want and I am sure you would not go wrong by accepting the ‘inner’ answer. No amount of articles and reviews can best represent your need. They only provide a general guide to what you really want.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:50:12 PM by tcal » Logged

Like the little school mate in the school yard
We'll play jacks and UNO cards
I'll be your best friend and you'll be mine Valentine
Yes you can hold my hand if you want to
'Cause I want to hold yours too
We'll be playmates and lovers and share our secret worlds
tcal

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »

my colik ask me about d same Q, thus d post above  Grin

Like the little school mate in the school yard
We'll play jacks and UNO cards
I'll be your best friend and you'll be mine Valentine
Yes you can hold my hand if you want to
'Cause I want to hold yours too
We'll be playmates and lovers and share our secret worlds
cloud_0085

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »

in my own opinion, sylphy is more comfortable than altis 10th gen.
the behind seat space of altis 10th gen is quite small... but anyway i won't sit behind haha
Ng3Ng4

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 06:09:08 PM »

actually i did suspect am i wrong bought an altis 10th gen when i still stay in the previous forum i joined, most of them prefer lancer 1st, 2nd civic, 3rd slyphy and last to altis, however, most important is self-thinking.
well, i did went to nissan showroom have a look on slyhpy and impul livina, actually both also quite not bad, but i dont know nissan aftersell service good as toyota not and car problems less than altis not.
1 more thing, sylphy front lamp not really my cup of tea but the rear lamp not too bad  Tongue

Nobody is Perfect, I'm Nobody......
Dylan

TOM's or TRD better?

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »

in my own opinion, sylphy is more comfortable than altis 10th gen.
the behind seat space of altis 10th gen is quite small... but anyway i won't sit behind haha

Timbang & sell ur 10th Gen to me, i accept trade in by Rm2.50/kilo. anytime.

dylan Wink

[Perfomance]K&N Open-Pod_Denso Iridium Plug IK20_Mid Bullet(Exchaust)+Grounding Cable_Apexi RSM_Apexi V.S_TRD structbar&Engine Oil Cover[Exterior]Bmw Style Headlamp_2 color Side Signal_6 LED Side Mirrow Cover_LED indicator Side Mirrow_HoneyComb Grill_Full Bodykit_Spoiler_LED Rear Lamp_HID Low Beam/High Beam/Fog Light_SunVisor[Interior] Alpine w202_Kicker/Alpine Amp_Morel Components_SillPlate_Cabin light_6Mil tinted 2 layer_GSM Anti theft 2 set_3M carbon fiber sticker_Toyota Remote Sunshade
dlock

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 11:02:59 PM »

actually i did suspect am i wrong bought an altis 10th gen when i still stay in the previous forum i joined, most of them prefer lancer 1st, 2nd civic, 3rd slyphy and last to altis, however, most important is self-thinking.
well, i did went to nissan showroom have a look on slyhpy and impul livina, actually both also quite not bad, but i dont know nissan aftersell service good as toyota not and car problems less than altis not.
1 more thing, sylphy front lamp not really my cup of tea but the rear lamp not too bad  Tongue

Ng3Ng4,

don't bother how's the comments from anti-altis, one thing i can tell you for sure....you won't regret after having it for a period of time.

trust me. let the time PROVE everything.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:08:08 PM by dlock » Logged
BLANk_

Hard Trance,Hardstyle and FengTau.....

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:02:01 AM »

huh...nissan livina and etc got lotsa problem...trust me!...i just finish my industrial training at nissan SC...the conclusion was...toyota moreX3 better then nissan...

had u heard that the brake pad worn out at 30,000km???...and it cost rm320 for a new set of brake pad(made in siam)and the quality of the brake pads were sucks~~~other than was the brake disc rotor,belting and etc
cip
Global Moderator

Cip's

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »

Item                     Sylphy 2.0 Comfort   Altis 1.8G
Price                     RM112,800                RM117,900
Engine capacity        2.0                            1.8
Active safety        ABS, EBD, BA                VSC, TRC, ABS, EBD, BA
Brake                     Front disc, rear drum   Front disc, rear disc
                       (rear Drum aa) >>>> How is it possible for 2.0 model not to have rear disc.. JPJ never sees this aa. And then how they have ABS.. very confusing.. Nowadays Kancil also install rear discs...

Watch Out, Coming Through..
dlock

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »

huh...nissan livina and etc got lotsa problem...trust me!...i just finish my industrial training at nissan SC...the conclusion was...toyota moreX3 better then nissan...

had u heard that the brake pad worn out at 30,000km???...and it cost rm320 for a new set of brake pad(made in siam)and the quality of the brake pads were sucks~~~other than was the brake disc rotor,belting and etc

yup, agree that quality for Toyota is much better compare with its competitor's quality, my college have changed a set of real absorder after driving 9 month with his new Civic.

in marketing sector, i always believe this...if you can't beat your competitor's in terms of quality, then you have to do something to surpass them in other way like giving discount, enhance the product's design, pump in this and pump in that in order to survive.....

when the time Toyota launched the gen 10th Altis, the charming Civic06 was already there, did you notice "T" enhance any part of the design to surpass them? NO! why? because "T" know it selling point is based on quality but not on design and most of the loyalty customer will still stick back to them since they have build a very good public praise through the ages. and that was proven in my experience so i still support gen 10th after my previous gen 9th.

afterall, Civic, Sylphy, Lancer, Grand Livina all are good car. only depends on what you want.

just my 2c, no offence to anybody ya...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:04:33 AM by dlock » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: